This course enables teachers and other members of the school staff to enhance their knowledge of local Darug Aboriginal land practices, language and culture.
5hrs professional learning
Standards 2.4.2, 6.2.2 and 7.2.2 for primary and high school.
MyPL code NRG04118
Download the information flyer - Aboriginal Cultural Awareness 2022
Participants will gain an understanding of the Aboriginal Education Policy and how to integrate this into their school culture and teaching and learning programs. This course includes optional kayaking on the Hawkesbury River.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the local Aboriginal People, including their traditional lifestyles and the connection they have with the land
- Gain a deeper understanding of the principles of Aboriginal land use, including vegetation management, bush tucker and the uses of Dyarubbin – the Hawkesbury River
- Investigate ways to incorporate Aboriginal cultural understandings within school practice as per the Aboriginal Education Policy.
- Aboriginal Education and Wellbeing Team – School Services Nirimba
- Erin Wilkins – Darug Aboriginal Educator
- Brewongle EEC Staff